Learn how to highlight with cruelty-free products
Today, I will help you learn how to highlight with cruelty-free products. We are at a day and age where we should be more aware of what we are putting on our face. As well as, who we are hurting in the process. We need to bring awareness to this global issue. I have decided to make a transition to no longer purchase makeup that are being testing on animals. I hope you join me as well! ENJOY!!
- When choosing a highlight, try to purchase a highlight that compliments your skin tone. A trick I like to use is, testing it on your hand to see how it looks before purchasing it.
- When using a liquid highlight, be careful when using powders in areas you may want to highlight because it will become splotchy. So avoid using powder in those areas.
- Add a liquid highlight to any foundation or moisturizer you use.
- For an extra pop, using your fingers add a tiny amount to the high points of your face such as your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, cupid’s bow, and chin.
- Set your foundation with powder ONLY to places you have not highlighted. When you mix powder with liquid it tends to get splotchy.
Use a powder highlighter such as the Anastasia Beverly Hill Glow Kit or the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette (vegan). Follow these instructions after you have already applied your foundation and setting powder.
- Apply the highlight to the to the high points of your face such as your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, cupid’s bow, and chin with a brush similar to the e.l.f. highlighting brush or the e.l.f. fan brush.